2 – 4 presentations or outreach events per year
Youth Education Services Program
Duties and Responsibilities
Peer Educators will work within the community to provide educational opportunities for youth to raise awareness about teen dating violence and sexual assault. Youth will present educational information to the community and peers surrounding the issues of teen dating violence and healthy relationships.
Specific duties include:
- Complete InterAct Peer Educator training in full.
- Collaborate and communicate with community partners who serve youth.
- Conduct presentations and displays in the community to promote awareness around domestic violence, sexual assault, and healthy relationships.
- Participate in Teen Domestic Violence Awareness Month activities and committee.
- Create awareness of InterAct’s mission, programs, and goals among peers and the community.
- Participate in all Peer Educator meetings and necessary trainings.
- 5-day training
- Youth age 14 to 24
If interested, please fill out InterAct’s Peer Educator Interest Form.
For more information contact InterAct’s Youth Education Coordinator.