Does your partner, boyfriend or girlfriend, care giver, or a family member:
- Make you feel uncomfortable or afraid?
- Often put you down, humiliate you, or make you feel worthless?
- Constantly check up on what you’re doing or where you are going?
- Try to stop you from seeing your own friends or family?
- Make you feel afraid to disagree or say ‘no’ to them?
- Tell you how the household finances should be spent, or stop you from having any money for yourself?
- Scare or hurt you by being violent (like hitting, choking, smashing things, locking you in, driving dangerously to frighten you)
- Pressure or force you to do sexual things that you don’t want to do?
- Threaten to hurt you, or to kill themselves if you say you want to end the relationship?
- Have your children heard or seen these things or been hurt themselves?
If any of these statements are true about your relationship, InterAct can help.